How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!
Um, yes. I will be doing this.
Yes. I support this movement
happy || pharrell williams
"ooh, I’m a man, ooh I have a penis, ooh I have to win money to exert my power over women"
overwitz should i download your gifs and delete the one I have or….
this is a question I have had for days.
also: i miss you.
maybe you could keep yours and add mine to the collection? most pf them are named, if that helps
i miss you too bby. it feels weird not talking to you
So, there are a lot of 'secrets' and quirks to a character that are overused, but I don't see very many with this in particular. There are many forms of Synesthesia. Though I'm not an expert, under the cut is a small description of six types you could use whilst roleplaying, which will hopefully help should you decide to give your character something as unique as Synesthesia. I've also added at the end 10 disadvantages to having Synesthesia which should be kept in mind.
jennaushkowitz Oh just running errands.
Come on Ron!
Rinko Kikuchi for Jalouse China December 2013 by Jumbo Tsui